Thr “Texaco 14” Stearman biplane was purchased for a little under $15,000 from the Stearman Aircraft Company of Wichita, Kansas in July 1931. The 300 hp Wasp Jr. radial engine delivered a top speed of 145 mph and a maximum range of 720 miles. Also, the Stearman earned praises from young pilots fo being a remarkably easy and forgiving plane to fly.
This particular Stearman was promptly put to work as rapid transportation for the Texaco General Domestic Sales Department under J.D. Jernigan. It was transferred to J.L. Wheeler in the Northwestern Territory and served until November 1932, when Aubry Kiel in the Central Territory acquired the rugged Stearman. It continued to serve Texaco until its retirement in February 1936.
This is an officially Licensed product No. 0605, Stock no. F121 ©1995 THE ERTL COMPANY INC. for Kipp Brothers Inc.